Service Advisor - Milton
FULL-TIME SERVICE ADVISOR POSITION - METRO TRUCK GROUP, MILTON LOCATION.
The Metro Truck Group of Companies is a full range service centre for all heavy truck and trailer needs. Our service departments provide 360° Full Circle Care on all makes and models to maximize our customers up-time. As our trusted brand continues to evolve, we are looking for a Service Advisor to join our Milton team.
The Service Advisor is a central role within the company as they are our primary contact for our service customers, and contribute to the operational effectiveness of the service department. Always ensuring we maintain a high level of customer service while enhancing the sale of labor, parts and providing recommendations.
We pride ourselves on being a leader in the Heavy Truck industry and are looking for a motivated, team-focused & organized individual who prides him/herself on a job well done to join our team!
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wage based on skill/experience (to be discussed at the time of the interview)
- A fast paced and energetic work environment
- Clean, well maintained modern facility
- Boot Allowance
- Team oriented company culture
- In-house training and development
- Company provided benefits package
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Company matching RRSP/DPSP
Main Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Greeting and scheduling customer appointments while maintaining top level customer service
- Give the customer an approximate time when the vehicle will be coming into the shop
- Following up with progress of each repair & contact customers by phone regarding any changes to the estimate or the time quoted
- Enter repair order information into schedule including promise time.
- Handle all telephone inquiries & return messages promptly and courteously
- Keep active communication within the Service Department
- Accurately prepare customer write up sheet
- Communicating technical information to the customer in a simple manner
- Responsible for ordering parts and other service department needs
- Evaluate the costs and time required to perform the repairs, document, calculate, submit estimates to customers, and acquire customer approval
- Verify vehicle maintenance records, and required maintenance schedule and warranty coverage
- Determine if repairs are warranty or customer pay; issue invoices
- Work alongside co-workers and management in a cooperative manner
- Walk the yard/shop as required to ensure accuracy on repair orders and customer follow-ups
- Closing service work orders in a timely manner
- Perform work with safety as a priority and abiding by all safety policies and standards set out by the Metro Truck Group of Companies
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out by the Metro Truck Group of companies
- General housekeeping duties
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- 1-3 years previous Service Writer experience
- Previous Heavy Truck dealership experience considered strong asset
- Strong customer service mindset, and overall good attitude
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and/or independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively manage time
- Excellent work ethic with a willingness to learn
- Valid G class driver's license with reliable transportation to and from work
- While performing the duties of this Job, service team members are regularly required to stand; walk; bend; lift; climb in and out of commercial trucks
We recognize our continued success depends on the contributions of all our employees, which is why when you join our team, you will be joining a culture based on a commitment to quality, integrity and teamwork. A successful candidate will possess both excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a developed PC computer proficiency.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please apply using Indeed or Company Website, submit a current resume with up to date contact information including a non-indeed email address
- Those who are selected for an interview will be contacted directly
- no phone calls please *
- 8050 Lawson Road, Milton ON
The Metro Truck Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our office and we will work with you to meet your needs.