310T Diesel Mechanic - Mississauga
FULL TIME POSITION FOR 310T HEAVY TRUCK TECHNICIAN – METRO TRUCK MISSISSAUGA LOCATION.
The Metro Truck Group is a full-service centre for all heavy truck & trailer needs. As our trusted brand continues to evolve, we are looking for licensed 310T Truck Technicians to join our team at our busy Mississauga Dealership!
Successful applicants must possess exceptional electrical and diagnostic skills and have a team orientated attitude, and pride in a job well done. Previous experience in a dealership or fleet setting considered a strong asset, as well as an evolved knowledge in Hino, Freightliner, Detroit, Cummins and Allison. The ideal candidate must have a valid 310T License or be enrolled in Ontario's Apprenticeship Program with the College of Trades.
At the Metro Truck Group, we strive to exceed our customers’ requirements and expectations in every possible way. As our Mississauga location grows, our team members have the opportunity to move forward in a company that provides the tools to succeed and enhance your current skillset. Therefore, we are looking for likeminded, motivated and organized individuals who prides him/herself on a job well done to join our team!
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wage based on skill/experience (to be discussed at the time of the interview)
- A fast paced and energetic work environment
- Clean, maintained, and modern facility
- Tool and Boot Allowance
- Team oriented company culture
- In-House training and development
- Afternoon/Night Shift Wage Premium
- Company provided benefits package
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Company matching RRSP/DPSP Program
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Have a strong mechanical ability, and be able to handle multiple tasks
- Perform scheduled maintenance service and advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Assess work orders, inspect and test mechanical units, diagnose faults and malfunctions and, repair and replace mechanical units, test and adjust units to specifications
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to confirm that they are in proper operating condition
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Commitment to meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work alongside co-workers, and management in a cooperative manner
- Perform work with safety as a priority and abiding by all safety policies and standards set out by the Metro Truck Group of Companies
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out by the Metro Truck Group of companies
- General housekeeping duties
- All other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Qualifications:
- TRUCK AND COACH TECHNICIAN 310T or equivalent
- ** Apprentices Level 2 and up encouraged to apply!
- Dealership background considered strong asset
- Valid Drivers Licensed with ability to reliably commute
- Commitment to personal safety and safety of coworkers
- While performing the duties of this Job, technicians are regularly required to stand; walk; bend; lift
- Excellent time management and communication skills
We recognize our continued success depends on the contributions of all our employees, which is why when you join our team, you will be joining a culture based on a commitment to quality, integrity and teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply via Indeed, or Company website with an up-to-date resume including contact information
- No phone calls please, those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
- 1285 Shawson Drive, Mississauga ON
The Metro Truck Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our office and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent