Heavy Tow Truck Driver - Hamilton
FULL-TIME HEAVY TOW OPERATOR POSITION - METRO TRUCK GROUP, HAMILTON LOCATION.
The Metro Truck Group is a full-service centre for all heavy truck and trailer needs. As our trusted brand continues to evolve, we are currently looking for a Heavy Tow Truck Driver to join our Metro Towing division.
The Heavy Tow Operator plays a prominent role in the Company to provide heavy tow services to customers and outside agencies, such as the OPP, in a safe, efficient and professional manner. The Heavy Tow Operator assists in ensuring the Company’s philosophy of 360° care, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and strives to maintain our Elite Dealership status.
At the Metro Truck Group, we strive to exceed our customers’ requirements and expectations in every possible way. As our Metro Towing division grows, our team members have the opportunity to move forward in a company that provides the tools to succeed and enhance your current skillset. Therefore, we are looking for likeminded, motivated and organized individual who have a strong customer focus and prides themselves on a job well done to join our team.
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wage determined by experience - discussed during the recruitment process
- Newly renovated, modern facility with an energetic workplace culture
- Boot allowance
- Company provided benefits package
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Company matching RRSP/DPSP Program
Main Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Heavy hauling of commercial & non-commercial vehicles
- Performing emergency roadside and highway tow procedures in a safe and efficient manner to limit the disruption of traffic
- Loading and securing heavy vehicles using wheel straps; safety chains; winch cables; snatch blocks; ratchet straps & binders and J hooks
- Performance of minor repairs to keep vehicle operating or able to return for repairs (pull dead battery, reconnect parts, add fuel etc.)
- Vehicle Rigging and Winching
- Daily maintenance of tow truck
- Completing daily log books including; tow truck inspection and repair activity; missing or stolen tools report; travel and mileage logs; services rendered report
- Completing and following general daily safety inspection procedures
- Maintaining high levels of customer service at all times
- Supportively work alongside department colleagues
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out by the Metro Truck Group of companies
- General house-keeping duties as required
- All other duties as assigned
- 2+ years previous Heavy tow driver experience
- Valid AZ or DZ license and clean drivers abstract
- Ability to cross border without restriction
- Physically capable of lifting between 50-100lbs
- While performing the duties of this Job, Metro Towing team members are regularly required to stand; walk; bend; lift; kneel; crouch; and climb
- Available for on-call or after hour shifts as required
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with customers and all levels of staff
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please apply using Indeed, submit a current resume with up to date contact information
- Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted - no phone calls please
- 475 Seaman Street, Stoney Creek ON
The Metro Truck Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our office and we will work with you to meet your needs.