310T Diesel Mechanic - Night Shift - Brantford
FULL TIME POSITION FOR 310T LICENSED TECHNICIAN - NIGHT SHIFT - METRO TRUCK BRANTFORD LOCATION.
The Metro Truck Group is a full-service centre for all heavy truck & trailer needs. As our trusted brand continues to evolve, we are looking for a experienced 310T truck and coach licensed technician to join our night shift team at our Brantford dealership!
Successful applicants must possess exceptional electrical and diagnostic skills and have a team orientated attitude, and pride in a job well done. Previous experience in a dealership or fleet setting considered a strong asset, as well as an evolved knowledge in Freightliner, Detroit, Cummins and Allison.
At the Metro Truck Group, we strive to exceed our customers’ requirements and expectations in every possible way. As our Brantford location grows, our team members have the opportunity to move forward in a company that provides the tools to succeed and enhance your current skillset. Therefore, we are looking for likeminded, motivated and organized individuals who prides him/herself on a job well done to join our team!
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive wage based on skill/experience (to be discussed at the time of the interview)
- A fast paced and energetic work environment
- Clean and modern facility
- Tool and Boot Allowance
- Team oriented company culture
- In-House Training and development
- Night Shift Wage Premium
- Company provided benefits package
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Company matching RRSP/DPSP Program
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Have a strong mechanical ability, to perform thorough inspections of heavy trucks to identify and diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues
Perform scheduled maintenance service and advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements, such as: oil changes, tire rotations, and lubrication
Assess work orders, inspect and test mechanical units, diagnose faults and malfunctions and, repair and replace mechanical units, test and adjust units to specifications
Troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic systems, including wiring, lighting, and computerized components
Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to confirm that they are in proper operating condition
Execute complex repairs, including engine overhauls, transmission work, brake system repairs, and suspension maintenance
Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
Commitment to meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment to ensure customer satisfaction
Work alongside co-workers, and management in a cooperative manner
Perform work with safety as a priority and abiding by all safety policies and standards set out by the Metro Truck Group of Companies
Adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out by the Metro Truck Group of companies
General housekeeping duties
All other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Qualifications:
- TRUCK AND COACH TECHNICIAN 310T or equivalent
- Dealership background considered strong asset
- Valid Drivers Licensed with ability to reliably commute
- Commitment to personal safety and safety of coworkers
- While performing the duties of this Job, technicians are regularly required to stand; walk; bend; lift
- Excellent time management and communication skills
We recognize our continued success depends on the contributions of all our employees, which is why when you join our team, you will be joining a culture based on a commitment to quality, integrity and teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit our company website, and under the Employment Tab submit a current resume with up-to-date contact information
- Apply via Indeed site
- No phone calls please, those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
5 Craig Street, Brantford ON
The Metro Truck Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity and provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our office and we will work with you to meet your needs.